Monday 3 June 2013

Random Patterns NOTD


I wanted to have a play with my new Models Own polishes so I started off with a base of Utopia, Blueberry Muffin and Strawberry Tart.



I thought some cute white patterns would be fun, so I got my white striper out and began doodling. I decided I liked the concept, but hated the design... I think the white just didn't contrast enough with the pastels.



On my other hand, I chose to keep it simple by just layering own Mermaid Tears so glitz it up. Turns out, the glitter flakes aren't that packed into the polish and I had to specifically dig up the glitter pieces to get them on my nail and they were quite big flakes so looked a bit odd - disappointed :(

I have a habit of layering polish without letting it completely dry and so the nail becomes a big gloopy mess and I end up sliding the polish off... yeah that happened here!


I ended up redoing both hands, and playing with the colours on top of each other and skipping the white altogether. I was a much happier Ling after, and the glitter nails adds the sparkle :D


Hearts and dots are just such simple cute patterns that can be varied so easily to create new interesting designs - I don't know why I stray...


I think I gotta practice my "border" skills on my nails though...

Too be fair, I think I had an off day and the shoddy workmanship shows lol

(Needless to say, I took it off the next day)

Love love and naillove!!
Toffee xXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment