Friday 7 June 2013

Hello June :) NOTD


I have been LOVING gradient nails lately, but I hadn't done any recently so I thought I should jump back on the band-wagon...


My trained manicurist friend is trying to teach me not to flood my cuticles and I think I did well for my first go! I used a single layer of Revlon 050 White On White polish as a base for the colours to be sponged onto :)


I saw a gorgeous pink to orange gradient on Instagram and I knew it would be great for the June summery weather and a great base for some fun designs. I used three colours to get this gradient:
Models Own Hot Pink, Top Shop Art School and Models Own Peaches & Cream, in this order. 


I used a makeup sponge to stipple the colours onto my nails and then quickly used 17 Double Gloss Top Coat to blend them together completely. After this dried, I used a sparse glitter polish of holographic silver to add layers of sparkle. 


The polish is some Korean brand (I think?) that I got in Malaysia about 3 years ago... It actually has these cute little moons and stars in it too and I thought it suited my user :P I chose to add a little star at the half-moon of my middle fingernail. 


I was leaning out my window to catch the sun! I love how it hits the glitter and flares off :)


I was going to leave them plain but I just got bored so I decided to doodle with a black striper. 


I tried to get a water droplets shot in the shower last night... didn't quite work out, but the lighting in there is pure white! You can be sure to expect more shower nail pics ;)

Which is your favourite nail design??

Love love and naillove!!
Toffee xXxXx 

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely lovely! The colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) just reminds me so much of summer time! x

      Delete