Monday 6 May 2013

Lilac Play NOTD


This is currently what is on my left hand - I do love lilac (it's my favourite colour) and I have a little pattern fetish at the moment where I like all my nails to be different. 



I started off with this gorgeous polish from OPI as a base - Rumple's Wiggin. Three coats (two didn't quite suffice) over a base coat of OPI Nail Envy Matte is what I used. 


Then, using a white nail striper polish from Inglot, I began the patterns. With my index finger, I was only going to do half of my nail but then it looked a bit weird so I filled in the other side. 
With the feather on my thumb, I wasn't sure what to do so I just began using the white striper and it turned into a feather. 


After the white was mostly dry, I added Model's Own Soda Pop Pink. Used with a dotting tool and a tiny little nail art paint brush for the more delicate designs. 


Then, using a dark pink limited edition Barry M polish, I completed the designs using the same tiny (the smallest one I have) nail art paint brush. For the three green leaves, I used Illamasqua Kink and the tip of that tiny brush. 

On a side note, if you're really into doing your own nail art (or doing it for others) then investing in a set of 4 different sized nail art brushes is a good idea. 


Unfortunately, my left hand is no where near as steady as my right, so sticking with a dotting tool and the same colours, I did some polkadotting. Not as skilled, but still as cool I think - I hope!


These nails have been perfect for this fine summery May Day bank holiday weekend :)
Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine!

Love love and lilaclove!!
Toffee xXxXx

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Esp love the OPI lilac color. I do nail art w/ acrylic and gel and it's time-consuming. I didn't think of doing it the way you have. With simple dotting tool and nail polish. Well done! Great results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried using acrylic and gel but always admired it :) I like to use the nail polish I have so I know it matches completely - it's annoying if you make a mistake as its difficult to fix!

      Delete