Thursday 8 September 2011

Diagonal Gradient NOTD


I've actually written a similar tutorial for gradient nails so I'm going to skip a few steps. You can find my original post here.

Step 1: Choose your colours!
I picked Barry M's 294 Cyan Blue and a Nails Inc polish I got from InStyle magazine called Electric Teal.

Step 2: Paint the base coat onto your nails.
I've used two coats to get the colour completely opaque. I'm also wearing a base coat underneath to prevent staining and to prime the nails.

Step 3: Paint the sponge.
Because I knew I wanted to do a diagonal gradient, I painted the sponge vertically instead of horizontally. Paint the base colour onto the sponge and the colour you want to fade it into directly underneath.

Step 4: Sponge the nails.
Gently press the sponge onto the nail in a diagonal and lift it back off. Quickly build up to desired colour and repeat on all nails. Repaint the sponge when necessary.

Step 5: Apply a single layer of top coat.
This will even out the polish giving it a cleaner gradient look.

Step 6: Clean up the mess.
Taking some nail polish remover and a cotton bud or cotton pad, wipe away the excess polish around your nails from the sponge.

Et voila!

Let me know if you try it and what you think in the comments below :)

Love love and diagonallove!!
Toffee xXxXx

1 comment: