Wednesday 2 March 2011

Sponge Rose Nail Art NOTD

Wowzersss!!

I learnt how to edit my photos a bit :P

And I think this jazzles up my nail design just that little bit extra.

Here's how to create these roses!

Step 1: Paint your nails
Choose a pale or block colour as a base shade. White works rather well :) I'm using a sheer lilac shade which has an iridescent glitter look - O.P.I. Significant Other Color.

Step 2: First sponge
I've just cut up an ordinary dish washing sponge. Paint the end with a light block shade (sheer polish doesn't work well for this effect).

Step 3: Sponge the polish onto your nail
Lightly dab the sponge onto a specific area on your nail, where you want the flower to be placed.

Step 4: Repeat on all nails you wish for this colour
I recommend that you stick with the same colours for all your nails, as this doesn't look so busy. I was going to try different colours, but then I changed my mind which is why there are only three sponged nails shown.

Step 5: Second sponge
This piece is slightly smaller than the first. I've painted a darker shade of polish on this one for the centre of the flower.

Step 6: Sponge the polish onto your nail, again
Dab the sponge into the centre of the larger sponged area.

Step 7: Repeat on all nails
I feel this step does not really need an explaination :)

Step 8: Draw the petals
This is where the rose forms :) Start with a small circle in the centre, and then carry on adding rounded petals, as shown below.

Step 9: Repeat on all nails and seal with a top coat
Again, this doesn't really need an explaination...

And that's it!

The two colours I chose for the rose were coral and hot pink - this works well as they are from similar colour families. However, two different shades of the same colour (ie light blue and a darker blue) work well too. For a funkier look you can try colours that contrast like purple and yellow!

Hope you like this :)
Let me know if you try it!

Love love and roselove!!
Toffee xXxXx

5 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty, your steps were really helpful too thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this nail look is gorgeous! thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, it's so cute! thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it looks beautiful - i must give it a go xxx

    ReplyDelete