Sunday 2 January 2011

Holiday Mani - Gold & Sparkles!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, beautiful Starlings!!!

Hope you are all doing well in this fine beginning. Unfortunately, my start hasn't been so good as I have been unwell with flu for the week between Christmas day and New Year's Eve!

I've wanted to post this just after xmas with my current NOTD, but then I got sick and have been lying in bed most of the time.
I used this gorgeous gold nail polish from myface.cosmetics.
The shade of the "Lil' Bling" is Gilt-y!
And yes, the polish looks as good on the nails as it does in the bottle. That's one thing that all nail polishes should do.

I then added some Gosh Rainbow and some Korean glitter polish that I got in Malaysia.
The sparkles don't actually show up all that much against the gold in real life, but I quite like that it's not so obvious.


It was pretty difficult trying to capture the glitter on camera too... both with and without flash, blurry and non-blurry :(


I've also started using Maybelline Super Stay 24H Foundation (in 021 Nude) and I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed. Even with the use of a brush for application, a dusting of Laneige Sliding Pact powder and a few spritzes of Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray, I barely notice a difference to the longevity of the appearance of flawless skin between this and any other foundation I've worn before.

I have to say though, that the colour match is yet again a pretty perfect match for me.
I do like the formulation, the viscosity and the way this liquid foundation applies on my skin and feel it is a very good product. I think 24 hours is a BIG claim and that brands shouldn't be making these claims if they aren't true.

Also, the non-transfer claim isn't true either. I know that if I were to wear this foundation and wipe my mouth, even after powdering etc, I would get residue left on the tissue. So all in all a good foundation, but not necessarily worth the extra few pounds from Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid. I don't notice a difference at the end of the day, so why should I pay extra for the same thing?

If you've had a better experience (or not) with this foundation, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

This is my latest video, if you haven't seen it yet :)
It's about the Aussie Take The Heat Event

That's all for now :)

Love love and naillove!!
Toffee xXxXx

1 comment:

  1. Heya hun, Happy New Year! aww hope you're feeling a lot better now. Love the nail polish colour :) I've been using the Take the Heat Shampoo & Conditioner & they are fab! Love Aussie products so much, the 3 minute miracle had been a lifesaver :)

    Aysh xoxo

    trulymadlybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete