Sunday 23 August 2009

New wave of hair?

Yes, the addiction continues...

But I finally built up the courage to take down my hair from its French plaitted/braided state and thought I should share the results :D

So when I first took it out, it was very poufy XD I felt like I had a lion's mane but the volume was very fun! I think my hair just expands with any sort of curve in it!

But now I've toned it down slightly, taming the fly-away frizzy bits and smoothing the hair a little too :) Its still rather bushy but here's the result!


It's probably not a style I'd leave the house with on a day-to-day basis (maybe for some fancy dress looks though ;P) because I think the volume is just too much for me and almost overpowers me. To dilute the volume, I would tie it into a half-up/half-down style or pull it into pigtails. But I love experimenting and I'm glad I did it!

However, if you want to know how I achieved this mega volume lion hair, well I'll tell you!! I only used two products: V05 Styling Spray Heat Protect Create and Xtah Sebastian Crude Clay ^^


First, I split my hair in half (this is so that after its done, my actual parting doesn't have odd flat bits), spritzed it all over with the V05 Styling Spray until it was pretty damp and French plaitted each half all the way down. Once they were both secured with a hairtie, I gave the plaits another spritz with the styling spray. I grabbed both ends and twisted them together into a bun which I also secured with another hairtie. Every hour or so before I slept, I spritzed my hair all over again (about another 2-3 times). Then the hair should be set into crimped waves :) After removing the hairties and gently parting the hair, undo-ing the plaits, I flipped my hair back to its original parting. I then just emulsified some clay in my hands and then gently ran the clay onto my hair, smoothing it all over especially at the ends!!

You can just use damp hair from water instead of the styling spray but I find this hold a better curvature! Also, if you can't sleep with damp hair and can't wait for the spray/water to naturally dry, run a blow-dryer over the plaits and this will help mould the hair aswell. Enjoy your overnight waves :)

Love love and wavylove!
Toffee xXxXx

4 comments:

  1. Awwww it looks so pretty!! I can't do french plaits so when I do mine I just put it in buns! So the bottom bits are curly but the top it is still volumised!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The results look really nice. I like this effortless wavy look. Not too overdone. ^^

    ♥ Milk

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Goldenwolf its been requested for me to make a video on how to French plait so I will be doing that soon! Probably getting my mother (who taught me) to help out :)

    @Lovey thank youuuuu ^^

    @MilknCookiie thanks! hehe I just wish my hair would be a bit heavier and not so poufy XP

    ReplyDelete